Optimistic and cheerful by nature, blessed with uncanny luck, and driven by a powerful wanderlust, halflings make up for their short stature with an abundance of bravado and curiosity. At once excitable and easy-going, halflings like to keep an even temper and a steady eye on opportunity, and are not as prone to violent or emotional outbursts as some of the more volatile races. Even in the jaws of catastrophe, halflings almost never lose their sense of humor.
Their ability to find humor in the absurd, no matter how dire the situation, often allows halflings to distance themselves ever so slightly from the dangers that surround them. This sense of detachment can also help shield them from terrors that might immobilize their allies.
Playing a Halfling
If you choose to play a Halfling modify your character as follows:
- Add 1 to your Perception ability. Halflings are bright and observant, often catching fine details others miss.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Perception (Seeing).
- Lucky: Once per day, a Halfling character may choose to re-roll a failed test and keep the new result.
- You can speak and read Halfling and Common.
- Choose a Class: Rogue.
- Roll twice on the Halfling Racial Table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
Halfling Racial Table
|3-4||Focus: Strength (Climbing)|
|5||Focus: Dexterity (Slings)|
|6||Focus: Willpower (Courage)|
|9||Focus: Dexterity (Stealth)|
|10-11||Focus: Dexterity (Legerdemain)|
|2d6 Roll||Hair Color||Eye Color|
|Gender||Height Base||Modifier||Weight Base||Modifier|
|Male||3’4"||+2d4"||50 lbs.||+2d4×4 lbs.|
|Female||3’2"||+2d4"||40 lbs.||+2d4×4 lbs.|