Elves have long drawn the covetous gazes of other races. Their generous lifespans, magical affinity, and inherent grace each contribute to the admiration or bitter envy of their neighbors. Of all their traits, however, none so entrance their human associates as their beauty. Since the two races first came into contact with each other, humans have held up elves as models of physical perfection, seeing in these fair folk idealized versions of themselves. For their part, many elves find humans attractive despite their comparatively barbaric ways, and are drawn to the passion and impetuosity with which members of the younger race play out their brief lives.
Sometimes this mutual infatuation leads to romantic relationships. Though usually short-lived, even by human standards, such trysts may lead to the birth of half-elves, a race descended from two cultures yet inheritor of neither. Half-elves can breed with one another, but even these “pureblood” half-elves tend to be viewed as bastards by humans and elves alike. Caught between destiny and derision, half-elves often view themselves as the middle children of the world.
Playing a Half-Elf
If you choose to play a Half Elf modify your character as follows:
- Add 1 to your Communication ability. Half Elves are quick-witted and empathetic to others feelings.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Cunning (Cultural Lore) or Communication (Persuasion).
- Dilettante: You may learn an additional Focus in any Communication or Cunning talent of your choosing.
- You can speak and read Common and one additional language.
- Choose a Class: Rogue or Warrior.
- Roll twice on the Half Elf Racial Table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
Half Elf Racial Table
|3-4||Focus: Perception (Empathy)|
|5||Focus: Communication (Deception)|
|6||Focus: Cunning (Heraldry)|
|9||Focus: Dexterity (Riding)|
|10-11||Weapon Group: Light Blades|
|2d6 Roll||Hair Color||Eye Color|
|2||Ash Blonde||Pale Grey|
|Gender||Height Base||Modifier||Weight Base||Modifier|
|Male||5’2"||+2d8"||100 lbs.||+2d8×5 lbs.|
|Female||5’0"||+2d8"||90 lbs.||+2d8×5 lbs.|