Dwarves are a stoic but stern race, ensconced in cities carved from the hearts of mountains and fiercely determined to repel the depredations of savage races like orcs and goblins. More than any other race, dwarves have acquired a reputation as dour and humorless artisans of the earth. It could be said that their history shapes the dark disposition of many dwarves, for they reside in high mountains and dangerous realms below the earth, constantly at war with giants, goblins, and other such horrors.
Playing a Dwarf
If you choose to play a Dwarf modify your character as follows:
- Add 1 to your Constitution ability. Dwarves are well-know for their toughness.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Dexterity (Crafting) or Strength (Smithing).
- Magic Resistant: Some of the older Dwarven clans are particularly resistant to magic. You gain a +2 bonus on ability tests to resist the effects of spells and other magical attacks.
- You can speak and read Dwarven and Common.
- Choose a Class: Rogue or Warrior.
- Roll twice on the Mountain Dwarf table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
|3-4||Focus: Willpower (Courage)|
|5||Focus: Cunning (Brewing)|
|6||Focus: Cunning (Heraldry)|
|9||Focus: Cunning (Engineering)|
|10-11||Focus: Constitution (Stamina)|
|2d6 Roll||Hair Color||Eye Color|
|2||Ash Blonde||Pale Grey|
|7-8||Light Brown||Light Brown|
|10-11||Blue Black||Dark Brown|
|Gender||Height Base||Modifier||Weight Base||Modifier|
|Male||4’4"||+2d4"||150 lbs.||+2d8×7 lbs.|
|Female||4’2"||+2d4"||120 lbs.||+2d8×7 lbs.|