As seen by civilized races, half-orcs are monstrosities, the result of perversion and violence—whether or not this is actually true. Half-orcs are rarely the result of loving unions, and as such are usually forced to grow up hard and fast, constantly fighting for protection or to make names for themselves. Half-orcs as a whole resent this treatment, and rather than play the part of the victim, they tend to lash out, unknowingly confirming the biases of those around them.
A few feared, distrusted, and spat-upon half-orcs manage to surprise their detractors with great deeds and unexpected wisdom—though sometimes it’s easier just to crack a few skulls. Some half-orcs spend their entire lives proving to full-blooded orcs that they are just as fierce. Others opt for trying to blend into human society, constantly demonstrating that they aren’t monsters. Their need to always prove themselves worthy encourages half-orcs to strive for power and greatness within the society around them.
Playing a Half Orc
If you choose to play a Half Orc modify your character as follows:
- Add 1 to your Strength ability. The brutish power of Orcish blood flows through your veins.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Communication (Deception) or Strength (Might).
- Orc Blood: Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
- You can speak and read Orc and Common.
- Choose a Class: Rogue or Warrior.
- Roll twice on the Half Orc Racial Table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
Half Orc Racial Table
|3-4||Focus: Communication (Gambling)|
|5||Focus: Strength (Swimming)|
|6||Focus: Strength (Intimidation)|
|9||Focus: Dexterity (Brawling)|
|10-11||Focus: Constitution (Stamina)|
|2d6 Roll||Hair Color||Eye Color|
|3-4||Light Brown||Dark Yellow|
|Gender||Height Base||Modifier||Weight Base||Modifier|
|Male||4’10"||+2d12"||150 lbs.||+2d12×7 lbs.|
|Female||4’5"||+2d12"||110 lbs.||+2d12×7 lbs.|